Project Business Documents
The below two documents are considered as Project Business Documents
Project Business case
Project Business case explains
- Why the project was selected?
- How the execution of this project brings business value to the organization?
- How this project fits into the organization’s strategic goals?
PMI defines the Project Business case as a documented feasibility study used to establish the validity of benefits of a selected component lacking sufficient definition, and that is used as a basis for the authorization of further project management activities.
Project Benefits Management Plan
It is the document that describes 2 things
- how and when the benefits of the project will be delivered.
- the mechanisms that should be in place to measure those benefits.
PMBOK defines it as ” The documented explanation defining the processes for creating, maximizing, and sustaining benefits provided by a project.”