PMP Audit is a process that you “may” have to go through once you submit your PMP application.
It is important to understand that PMP Audit is not a mandatory process that every applicant have to got through. According to the PMI, “All applications are subject to an audit, although only a percentage of applications are selected for an audit. The selection of an application for audit is random.”
A few percentage of applications are selected for an audit and the process of selection is random, so it is obvious and important to understand that THERE ARE NO TRICKS TO AVOID PMP AUDIT.
There is much hype and talk about the audit process stressing out the candidates about this process. We sincerely feel that all this surrounded hype and consequent stress on applicants and aspirants is unnecessary. It is only validating your education qualifications, and your experience in the project management field that were mentioned in your PMP application. Nothing more and nothing less. It is not some filtering or elimination process. So Relax. Understand the Audit process in detail, wipe of your confusions about the audit process and concentrate on your exam preparation.
Step by Step – Audit Process in detail
- Audit process starts only after you submit your PMP Application.
- If your application is selected for an audit, you will receive an email that your application has been selected for audit. The same email will also provides detailed information on on how to comply with the terms of the audit.
- Your audit happens BEFORE you pay exam fee. (Till Apr 21 2018 – you are notified about the audit only after you pay the exam fee. Now it is changed. You can pay exam fee after competing the audit process.)
- During an audit, you will be asked to submit documentation such as:
- Copies of your diploma or degree.
- Signatures from your supervisor(s) or manager(s) from the project(s) recorded in the experience verification section of the application.
- Copies of certificates and/or letters from the training institute(s) for each course recorded on the application to meet the required contact hours of project management education.
- You will have 90 days to submit the requested documentation.
- Put all the documents in one envelope and send it to this address (PMI, Attn: Certification Audit, 14 Campus Blvd, Newtown Square, PA 19073-3299 USA)
- Once the documentation reaches PMI, it will take about 5-7 business days to complete the audit process.
Once you complete your audit successfully, you will receive an email about the same, and you will be able to pay your exam fee, and schedule your exam immediately.
Check the PMP Audit FAQs for more information and other related questions.
Check PMP Audit FAQs, for common questions on PMP Audit.
Check PMP Application FAQs, for common questions related to PMP Application process
Check PMP Audit Process, for detailed information on PMP Application process.